BASIC PURPOSE: Hire and train qualified Stewards, verify daily assignments are completed to Director of Food and Beverage, Chef and Company standards. Ensure sanitation standards and cleanliness in all Food and Beverage areas. Assist staff in keeping areas clean and sanitary at all times while ensuring that all equipment, dishwasher, steam cleaner, silver burnisher, cardboard bailer are operated in a safe accident-free manner.
1. Manage stewarding department by maintaining organization and ensure proper storage and cleaning of all rolling stock and racks, silver, presoaking and operation of dish machine. (60%)
2. Manage and perform special cleaning projects as assigned (10%)
3. Ensure stewards do proper set-up, breakdown and maintenance of the Buffet. Act as food runner from kitchen to buffet. Ensure ample quality product for guest satisfaction (7.5%)
4. Interview, hire and train new stewards as required. Maintain proper administrative records on associates i.e. Attendance log, coaching and counseling sessions, disciplinary forms, etc. (10%)
5. Ensure that floors are swept and mopped. Keep floors clean and dry, spills are picked up immediately using wet floor signs, dry rags, dry mops. (2.5%)
6. Clean walls, tables, racks, sinks, floormats and disposal area. Polish stainless steel. (2.5%)
7. Clean ovens, hoods, filters, drains, hot boxes, steam tables, flat boxes and ceiling vents, according to schedule or as specified by chef. (2.5%)
8. Ensure all trash is emptied at end of shifts, containers washed out and returned to kitchens. (2.5%)
1. Maintain Mop Stations in each kitchen with 2 mops/buckets, 2 brooms and proper cleaning solutions. (1.5%)
2. Cooperate with kitchen and restaurant personnel and their needs to ensure that guests are taken care of (1%)
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent desired.
Experience: At least 1 year as a Steward. Management experience.
Skills & Abilities: Operated dish machine, burnisher, steam cleaner, cardboard bailer, dishware handling, floor maintenance.
No. of employees
supervised: Acts as a lead worker in providing training for stewards and assisting a supervisor.
Travel required: None
Hours Required: Scheduled days and times may vary based on need.
This is a career opportunity with Interstate Hotels & Resorts.
Company: Elior North America Position: Utility Worker Department: Food Service Staff Req #: 3781962 Apply now Date posted: January 20, …Read More
Company: Elior North America Position: Food Service Worker Department: Food Service Staff Req #: 3819001 Apply now Date posted: Februar…Read More